Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
12176198

My son is 18, first time doing something stupid, however, recently

My son is 18, first time doing something stupid, however, recently charged with entering an auto with 3 other teenagers, he admitted to entering one auto taking a bag and then leaving it on the ground, running around with the others but never taking anything, however the other teens did continue opening other vehicles and taking many electrical devices, while the one teen driver began driving home with the stolen items they were pulled over, and later the discovery from the officer, all 4 teens were charged with 6 counts felony charges, my son was bailed out in less than 12 hours, additional charges pending, please help me understand the POSSIBLE sentence, keeping in mind that my son is telling the truth and agreed to speak with detective again, we have a court appointed attorney a judge granted for my son upon my application for such.
Hello.

The penalty for felony theft in Georgia is 1-10 years.
http://www.lawskills.com/code/ga/16/8/12/

Since he has a lawyer, he may want to speak to the lawyer before speaking with the detective again. The lawyer can help protect his interests and try to make a better deal in exchange for his cooperation. The detective obviously is more concerned about his case than your son's interest, and cooperating without the assistance of counsel could be detrimental to him. Particularly since, realistically, by being involved in the conspiracy he can be convicted of doing all the things that the other individuals did, even if he didn't complete the act himself.