Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  over 20 years of legal and professor of law experience

My husband is on parole with two strikes; he was arrested for

My husband is on parole with two strikes; he was arrested for domestic violence/battery; the D.A. did not move 4ward in the 72 hours, but he currently has a parole hold. From what we know my phone dialed the last call and my sister overheard us arguing; when my phone went dead and she could not reach me, she called 911 and said we had a history of domestic violence; when the officers came they determined something had happened and took him. The D.A. did not go 4ward. He is being told that the D.A. may come back and file charges after he finishes with is parole hearing; he hasn't had the probable cause one yet nor the Morrisey Hearing; what is the best way to prepare and how likely is it that the D.A. will file charges at a future date?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately you have no choice but to wait and see if the prosecutor will press charges. If you have not given a statement then do not because without a statement it would be harder to pursue charges against him. Only communicate with his attorney unless you are served with a subpoena to appear.