Steinlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  I have represented individuals accused of crimes.

is it legal for an arkansas detention center to refuse an inmate

Customer Question

is it legal for an arkansas detention center to refuse an inmate the right to recieve udwe garments such as bra, panties and such .to refuse a person the right to have someone bring them new underware when they have been in jail for three weeks
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question and I look forward to assisting you. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you have put all of the information in your question. Also, due to site reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. Also, there may be future facts that are as yet undetermined in your matter, that can and must leave some areas of information provided by me broad in nature. However, don't hesitate to ask for clarification if needed! At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break. That being said...

That would be a violation of the inmate's civil rights. A civil rights attorney should send a letter to the jail for you. You should then talk about a possible lawsuit.

Good luck.

Legal Disclaimer. By requesting this information, you expressly agree to the following: The information given is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. The nominal price you may or may not pay for information does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship. The only method of gaining an attorney/client relationship with me is via a retainer and signed fee agreement, which is not offered via this site. I am providing only resources, opinion and information for you to be informed and educated about your particular rights and needs. My answer is limited to the facts presented with the understanding that you will do your proper due diligence and appropriate follow up with an attorney licensed in your state. I do not provide general or specific legal advice on this site. I also am licensed to practice only in California, which may not be the state where this information is being provided or state whose law would apply, if any. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would like to thank you very much as I have an employee whom I believe is being treated with the utmost disrespect i have ever seen thank you again sir
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
You are quite welcome. I hope this works out well for him!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sir is there any action I as an employer can take to see that this kind of abuse does not go any further here or in any other state.Maybe contact the Attorney General's office or some thing in that affect.sorry too bother you again