Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

I have to go to court tomorrow I received a citation for assulat

I have to go to court tomorrow I received a citation for assulat and battery against a child. Her mother call the cops on me saying that I assulated her; however, she's been in my care for over 7 months and I have never harm a child. I have a two year old myself. Also her mother said she will tell the judge that I would never harm her child. Will the judge aceppt that?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
She is going to have to explain to the court why she called the police and reported that you did commit this offense and if she goes to court and tells the judge you now did not do this, then the court can charge her with filing false police reports. But if she does say this to the judge, the judge would in all likelihood accept that and dismiss the charges.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”