P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

if i have a felony as a juvenile that happened 19 years ago

if i have a felony as a juvenile that happened 19 years ago or more will i be able to get my record expunged.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist...can you tell me, was this prosecuted as a juvenile offense or has an adult?

What state did it happen in?

What was the conviction(s) for?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it happened in cincinnati ohio the charge was rape & gross sexual imposition
Thanks

Here is the state law on this matter

http://www.clelaw.lib.oh.us/Public/Misc/FAQs/
Expungement.html#juvenile

Take a look here as well

http://www.ohiojudges.org/_cms/tools/act_Download.cfm?FileID=1182&/EnactNews%20GA126%20HB137Expunge-2.pdf

You will see that the state can not seal a rape charge.

Your only recourse is to apply for a pardon from the governor.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (3) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
even if the charge was prosecuted as a juvenile offense
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
will this charge interfere with getting a concealed carry license
It may...you will need to disclose it. If it was a juvenile adjudication, it will not count as a "conviction" so that will help, as will the near 20 years (I assume trouble free) that have passed...but it is available for the state licensing agency to review.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ok thanks