Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I am a housewife, normal, law abiding citizen. But someone

Customer Question

I am a housewife, normal, law abiding citizen. But someone who is jealous of me has befriended my previous Boston apartment's head of building maintenance. Together, they have managed to put my photo on the surveillance database of supermarkets, Gap, and other store's surveillance camera database. So when I frequent the store, there will be an unusual amount of nonsense announcements... Who do I contact to check whether in fact my photo is on the surveillance database and how do I go about removing it? It might be a sensitive matter, but I would also like to find out who is behind this. My husband also works for a large investment firm in Boston. So perhaps they also pull some resources from there.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.

hi

the best guidance i can offer is for you to contact the corporate headquarters of each store where you believe this is occuring - it should be written communication mailed certified with a return receipt requested wherein you will explain what is going on and ask them to assist with investigating the matter.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I also came across the surveillance personnel and companies in the yellow pages. They are under the jurisdiction of a certain dept. of the state police. It says to contact them with any questions or complaints. Would you think that is helpful? I just think the corporate headquarters are so busy would they have the resources to handle this issue effectively? Or if I hire a local criminal attorney will they be able to investigate?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.

hi

a private investigator might be able to help you i am not familiar with the surveillance personal company but you can can them and see what they offer. the thing is the stores do not have turn over anything to anyone absent a subpoena and you cannot get that unless there is a lawsuit and you cannot file a lawsuit without knowing who did this. so you might consider the PI to start or contact the corporates. believe me, they are never too busy if they feel one of their stores might be a lawsuit target

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is my sister-in-law and her husband who is behind this. They are the only ones who are doing this because of malice and jealousy of her brother and family for living a better life than them. So, i do know who is behind this and can kind of guess who their partner-in-crime is , based on about when all this started happening. if i contact the corporate headquarters of each store, that will solve part of the problem. but it does not attempt to break up the root or cause of it all. this has been ongoing for 8 years and recently it has debilitated to property damage. i brought my car to the local NTB for a small oil change of $40. And there was an unusual questioning phone call to the manager, Keith, who was in charge that day. Soon after, they broke my minivan's sliding door while doing an oil change to my car. Even my husband who is usually clueless says that it takes a lot of brute force to brake the automatic sliding door. He then brought it to the local Honda dealer to fix the door for $600.
so now that i know who is behind all this nonsense, do i still need a PI or should i just go straight to a criminal lawyer to let them know what is going on? in the letter to the corporate headquarters, do i inform them to remove my photo from their surveillance database and how much detail do they need to know of what's going on in the stores.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.

hi

if you feel certain you know who it is skip the PI and move on to the next step.

i suggested the letter so you could try to handle this yourself; however, if you are seeking legal counsel let them write the letter as it will have a greater impact.