Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney experienced in criminal matters, having represented hundreds of clients with every misdemeanor and felony imaginable.
18210975

GOT ARRESTED FOR A P.C.273.5(A) AND PC 591NOBODTS CONTACTED

Customer Question

GOT ARRESTED FOR A P.C.273.5(A) AND PC 591
NOBODTS CONTACTED ME OR HER FOR AN INVESTIGATION TO FIND OUT WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THEY JUST TOOK A STSTEMENT FROM HER WHILE SHE WAS INTOXICATED.
THERE WERE A LOT OF THINGS GOING ON AT THE TIME. AND THE FIGHT WAS MUTUAL.
I DO ADMIT THAT I HIT HER BUT IT WAS THE BOTH OF US AND SHE WAS OUT OF CONTROL AND I LOST IT. OVER HER BEING DRUNK AND I BELIVE ON DRUGS.
WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN. SHE DOES NOT WANT TO TESTIFY AND WE ARE ALREADY SEEKING COUNSULLING ON OUR OWN
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Hello -

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

Although your wife is the victim here, the State is the one that prosecutes, and therefore can go forward with the case without the victim, if they choose. However, they won't have a good case without their start witness. So, if your wife decides to drop the charges, chances are that the State will not pursue the charge.

Take care,

If my answer was helpful, please click ACCEPT so I may be compensated for my time. If you are not satisfied with the Answer, please feel free not to Accept, and post a follow up question so I may be able to clarify my Answer. My goal is to provide an outstanding Answer, so give me a chance.

Regards,

Michael
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

SO DO I NEED AN ATTOURNEY OR SHOULD I GO TO FIRST COURT DATE WITH HER AND SEE WHAT THEY OFFER ?

WILL THEY EVEN LISTEN TO US TOGETHER BECUSE OF MY JOB I COULD LOSE MY GAMING LICENSE.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I LIVE IN CALF. IS THIS INFO ON CAL. LAW

IM ALREADY RELEASEING THE MONEY TOO.

Yes, this info is relevant for California and all states.

You probably don't need an attorney for your first court date, which is your arraignment. All you will do is plea guilty or not guilty. If your wife is going to drop the charges, however, the sooner the better.

Take care,

Regards,

Michael