LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience
15277592

i have a question ir regards to the savings bonds. is this

Customer Question

i have a question ir regards XXXXX XXXXX savings bonds. is this a civil or federal issue since my ex forged the kids names on the bonds. also the bank that allowed this knows my ex and my sons
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

The forgery of a government document---in this case a government savings bond---is a federal crime as well as a state crime. While the feds could theoretically prosecute the matter, I would expect that they will likely leave it to the state to prosecute.

If your sons are minors, you might consider filing a claim with the bank to recover the money paid out, and if necessary, sue the bank.

I wish you the best in 2010.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the orange Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,

Doug

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
being from asmall town the ex has got away ith a lot and it's frustrating because he is known in the area and has been doing things to hurt the kids and i, thank you for your time.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
My pleasure. I wish you the best.