Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
19127644

I have the proof of a murder cover-up many years in Ark. I

Customer Question

I have the proof of a murder cover-up many years in Ark. I have the proof, have published it in a book and have been stone-walled in my efforts to get an investigation for years; currently I am in contact with the prosecutor's office who is reluctant to open a case...because it involves the police department. If the stone-walling continues here.....where/what is my next recourse?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 6 years ago.

I'm sure you know the answer to your last question. That wouldn't accomplish anything other than result in more meaningless loss of life. So, as to your initial question, there are a few options that you may or may not have tried. If you have not contacted the Attorney General's Office of the State of Arkansas, you might try that. In addition, often times getting the story out in the press may encourage law enforcement and the prosecutor to take another look at what they may consider a cold case. You could contact the local newspaper or television station to see if they would be interested in doing a story about this crime, what you know about it, and what the authorities have or have not done about this. Finally, if you have good evidence against a specific person for the crime, then you can file a civil suit for wrongful death against them if the statute of limitations hasn't run. Sometimes doing that will not only help you but maybe even help the government obtain more evidence. In addition, you don't have the same burden of proof as a prosecutor would in criminal court. Other than that, there isn't much you can do that you haven't already don.