wallstreetesq, Lawyer
Experience:  10 years Experience, have tried several high profile felony cases and misdemeanors

A man I know took a plea of no-contest on a murder charge for

A man I know, Brian Rainwater, recently (Oct 2009) took a plea of no-contest on a murder charge for which he awaited trail for over 4 years in California (waived his right to a speedy trial). His sentence is 18 years. He vociferously professed innocense throughout his time in jail and his wife (who is extremely familiar with the evidence) believes him 100% to this day. His wife was unable to attend the trial as she lives in WA State and has a young child. She was stunned that he accepted a plea. His lawyer has advised him not to discuss the details of the plea with his wife. His wife would like to request a copy of the court transcripts for the pre-trial motions so she can try tyo ascertain why he decided to take the plea. Is this possible and if so how does she go about it?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 6 years ago.
yes this is possible, plea deals are public information, you would need to hire an attorney to get criminal docket number and with that ask the court clerk for copies of the transcripts.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there no way to get the criminal docket number without hiring an attorney?
you can go to the criminal court clerk and give them your husbands name and date of birth.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Last question and then I will gladly pay: how much per page for the transcript?
Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 6 years ago.,

the site above states you can get them free, but typically the cos can be from $5-$500 dollars depending on how many pages.