lwpat
lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney

Im being charged with assualt and concealed weapons but the

Customer Question

Im being charged with assualt and concealed weapons but the incident didnt involve assualt with the gun. my wife of 30 years was seeing someone after we separated and the man see was seeing is the plantiff along with the DA. we all were at a casino and she told me she would leave with me and told him she changed her mind and was going to go back to me. she gave him her car to get home and we walked out to get in my truck way out in the parking lot. as we were getting in the vehicle he ran up to us and was very angry i felt threatened and fearing for my safety as well as hers. he grabbed her by the arm and pulled her away from the truck forcefully as i went to help her after she called my name he swung around and missed me so i swung back and hit him several times and he left as the victim in a ambulance. can i plead who i really am for the judge and get theses charges dropped? will refence letters from my wife to the judge do any good. its hard to be remorsefull and sorry if not gulitl
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 4 years ago.
This is a serious charge and you really need to retain a criminal attorney. He would need to see what evidence they have against you and especially whether there are any security camera tapes. Most defendants are found guilty but it is a higher percentage of dismissals with an attorney.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, there were cameras. he is claiming self defense. but the other guy has a history of harassment and currently is on patrol with a restraining order on him for harassment. also has a criminal charge of harvesting marijuana in 08. my husband is a self employed running a highly profitable successful box manufacturing business this is his 10th year in business. he employees 50 app employees seasonal during grapes harvesting and deals with all his employees in a calm understanding win win way and well respected. he has never been in trouble with the police before. also i feel i was a victim in all this also why does this other person get to be the victim. we all were. he also is on disability and runs a healing business out of his home. he is very capable of working. we did hire a defense attorney and like usual after they get the retainer all the promises or statements change and little effort is put into the case. thats what i dent like. my husband was in the process of getting his concealed weapons permit and does have a retired sheriff and a police detective writing character letters.
Expert:  lwpat replied 4 years ago.
It is not unusual after someone is charged for nothing to happen for quite some time, even up to a year. I know it is a problem with it hanging over his head but that is typical and the longer it goes the better since it is more likely to be dropped. You could ask the attorney to let you know when he gets the video and the rest of the discovery. Put it in writing.

An accept for my time is always appreciated.