Lawmoe, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  More than 19 years of experience as a Criminal Defense Lawyer

Can I give notes to my friends lawyer regarding the events

Can I give notes to my friend's lawyer regarding the events that have lead up to his arrest, so long as they are not notarized or signed? The lawyer warned both of us that signed statements must be sent to law enforcement to review, but my friend has asked I submit some notes and an event calendar to his attorney. This seems benign but I don't want to send anything that law enforcement must be forced to review (and by proxy allow the DA to have).

Any statement taken from any witness whether notarized or not must be turned over to the prosecution if it is relevant to the case. It would be better to speak to the lawyer in person to determine what he/she needs and how best to frame it and present it to the prosecution.