RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  licensed attorney in Texas for 29 years
8534270

I need to write a letter to the judge asking for an extension.

I need to write a letter to the judge asking for an extension. I got a ticket on january for speeding, and had the option to take the traffic school which is $179 and have the points taken off my record, or to pleed guilty, pay the fine which is around $180 and have the 3 points on my record. My court day is on March 1. I already paid for traffic school which was $179 but didnt have time to complete it by my court day. So I am asking for an extension to complete the traffic school since I have already paid for it. My reasons are that I am an international student and my major is electrical engineering, ive been really busy with school and tests since I am taking 15 credit hours. Also its my first ticket and I wasnt really sure what I was supposed to do. And the day I got the ticket I had just got back from canada and had to drive 2 hours to get to my apartment. I was tired and didnt really pay attention to my speed. I need this ASAP please.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question.You may just want to contact the court here and ask.usually extensions like this are freely given and a letter may not be necessary.If you have to write one just address it to XXXXX T. Jones
Address

Re:Ticket Number

Dear Judge Jones, I am requestsing an extension of time to complete defensive driving concerning this ticket.I already paid for traffic school which was $179 but didn't have time to complete it by my court day. So I am asking for an extension to complete the traffic school since I have already paid for it. My reasons are that I am an international student and my major is electrical engineering, I've been really busy with school and tests since I am taking 15 credit hours.If you could give me an additional thirty days this shoudl be ample time to complete the matter and have it dismissed.

Sincerely Yours,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The problem is that they already gave me an extension for 30 days but I still didnt complete it. My court day was on February 1st and they gave me until March 1. If I want an additional extension I have to write the judge.

So modify my letter and ask for a second extension.Ask to take this online.You can do so and its much shorter.They will still give you another extension here if you just ask.You are hard working student and he will see that.

The Honorable John T. Jones
Address

Re:Ticket Number

Dear Judge Jones, I am requesting a second extension of time to complete defensive driving concerning this ticket.I already paid for traffic school which was $179 but didn't have time to complete it by my court day. So I am asking for a second extension to complete the traffic school since I have already paid for it. My reasons are that I am an international student and my major is electrical engineering, I've been really busy with school and tests since I am taking 15 credit hours.If you could give me an additional thirty days this should be ample time to complete the matter and have it dismissed.

Sincerely Yours,
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience: licensed attorney in Texas for 29 years
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

For John T. Jones, do I change this to the Judges name? And should I add an introduction paragraph introducing my self?

Thanks!

Yes just trying to give you form here..