JD, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  Over 11 years of practice in litigation including 10 years as a state prosecutor

i was on earlier, was stopped leavin a store with 37.00 worth

i was on earlier, was stopped leavin a store with 37.00 worth a clothing in bag, taken to rm, these security people said that i "worked with them they would not get cops involved, they had me write out made up dates that i make have stolen from them before?? i was scared and would do anything to not be arrested, will they be able to use this against me? like if i said 2 times before, would this time be considered 3rd offense, slao i had money i did this out of depression i think, would it help to get my therapist to make statement
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JD replied 6 years ago.

Have you been charged with a crime? If so, did they charge you with all three or just one?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
they charged me with shoplifting its on a unfiform traffic ticket, the date of arrest is 2/15 date of violation is 2/15, but they told me the make up several dates and on those dates to list sometime witha price that they would add it up and i could pay with money order.if i did that they wouldnt call cops so i did and next thing the cops come in
Expert:  JD replied 6 years ago.

It is unlikely they will be able to use the admissions (true or not) since they have no other evidence of any prior crime. You generally cannot convict someone of a criminal act based only upon a confession.

You can argue that the statements were untrue and only given in an effort to avoid criminal prosecution. While private security and store personnel are not held to the same standards as police officers, you may be able to negate the statements factually.

At this point I think it is important that you consult a local attorney and speak to no one else concerning this matter until you have a lawyer. Obviously your lawyer will need to research the issues concerning these statements that you made and hopefully develop a suppression issue that can be used to keep them out of the courtroom. If that is impossible then your lawyer will want to take steps to demonstrate the statements were only made to avoid prosecution and were untrue.

Please reply if I can help further.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
should i get my therapist involved i knw i must be ocd
Expert:  JD replied 6 years ago.

Let your lawyer make that determination. The only thing that would help is to show how nervous and agitated you became during the questioning and that you would say anything to avoid further prosecution... this can cut both ways with a judge. So leave that issue up to your lawyer and make sure to discuss it with him/her.

Please reply if I can help further.

Good luck.