Bappelman, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Former Public Defender, Founder and Criminal Defense Attorney at Appelman Criminal Defense LLC.

I have a dui on my record. It occurred about 5 years agoin

I have a dui on my record. It occurred about 5 years agoin Milwaukee, Wisconsin .It is considered a municipal ordinance violation. Could I get this expunged from my record? Other than that my driving record is clear.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Bappelman replied 6 years ago.

In Wisconsin DUI's are referred to as OWI (Operating While Intoxicated). The law on expungements of OWI's in Wisconsin says that:

A conviction for a first OWI offense will be automatically purged after ten years provided the convicted person's PAC (prohibited alcohol content) level was .08 to .099 and there are no future drunk driving convictions. If it was higher, the conviction will never be expunged. All other OWI convictions are permanent, and cannot be expunged.

So if your blow was under .099 then it will be automatically expunged in 10 years.

If you blew over .099 than it will not, and cannot ever be expunged.

Good Luck!