Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

if you have been convicted of a felony in 1991 in NJ and your

Customer Question

if you have been convicted of a felony in 1991 in NJ and your rights were restored can you own a firearm in florida as a florida resident. if you can, please contact me asap!
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 years ago.
If you had a NJ felony and your NJ rights were restored to you. including your gun rights, you would have your Federal gun rights back and your NJ matter would be no bar toyour being able to possess a weapon in Florida.

However do not assume that the civil rights that were restored to you in NJ include your gun rights. If your documentation doesn't specifically say your gun rights were restored, they probably aren't. Then you'd be committing a state and Federal felony by being anywhere near enough to a firearm to take custody and control of it.

If I've helped, please click the green Accept button so I can get credit for my work.

This thread will not close and you can always use it to get clarification.This is informational only and is NOT legal advice. There is no attorney-client relationship. You are advised to consult an attorney in your state for specific legal advice.