JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

how can a convicted felon get his right to bear arms back,

Customer Question

how can a convicted felon get his right to bear arms back, I've been off parole for ten yrs.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Were you convicted of state or federal charges?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have conictions in both federal(felon in possession of firearm1975 t0 '80) and state drg cases. N o violence or use of weapon in thr comission of a crime

Unfortunately, you really have no recourse. Federal law prohibits a felon from being in possession of a firearm for any reason. For the federal charge, you'd have to receive a presidential pardon....with your other state drug cases, a presidential pardon is simply not in the cards. Even if you did obtain one, you would still have to seek the expungement of the state cases. Not all states allow for it and those that do usually do not do it when the person has multiple convictions.

I know that this isn't the answer that you were looking for. However, I hope that you find this information to be helpful in better understanding where you stand and why. I also hope that you find this answer to be ACCEPTable!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
unfortunately you are right I DON'T ACCEPT THATAND WILL CONTINUE TO SEARCH FOR ADD. HELP THANK YOU

The application for a federal pardon can be found here: http://www.justice.gov/pardon/pardon_petition.htm

Good luck!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i DON'T ACCEPT YOUR ADVICE, NO PAYMENT WILL BE MADE FRM MY ACCT. PLEASE CLOSE ACCT. AND REFUND FUNDS BACK TO MY VISA ACCT