DCrane Law
DCrane Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney

arrested in MA. for DUI Nov.1997. arrested 12/20/2009 for DUI.

Customer Question

arrested in MA. for DUI Nov.1997. arrested 12/20/2009 for DUI. can arrest from 12/09 be considered 1st offense based on 12 yrs between?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  DCrane Law replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the post, no the 12/09 arrest cannot be considered a 1st offense. The first arrest does not automatically vanish or disappear based on the passage of time.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
why should I accept the expertise of a real estate lawyer. I would think that a lawyer who specializes in criminal law would answer my question. NO!!!!! I am not satisfied w/your answer. I know that there is a statute of limitations on this. Please ask a lawyer who deals with DUI'S.

I am a criminal attorney who deals with DUIs, this question is mis categorized. The statute of limitations deals with the filing of a charge, once the charge is filed the statute of limitations is satisfied. Here's the relevant portion of the Mass Code for your reference: