Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney experienced in criminal matters, having represented hundreds of clients with every misdemeanor and felony imaginable.
18210975

My friend is on camera in our apartment building relieving

My friend is on camera in our apartment building relieving herself outside of our door, completely naked. The twist is that she was not drunk at all, however she sleepwalks as I imagine she was doing that night. Is there a way to get her out of any misdemeanor charges such as indecent exposure or disorderly conduct? How should I handle the police when they come? (she does not live around here, so they will be contacting me)
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Hello -

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

Unfortunately, there really isn't going to be an easy fix to make this go away. However, since this isn't a major crime, she may be able to get the prosecutor to dismiss the charges or at least let her enter a deferment program so the arrest and charge don't go on her criminal record, especially if this is her first offense. She needs to simply explain to the prosecutor what her problem is and he may help her out.

Good luck,

If my answer was helpful, please click ACCEPT so I may be compensated for my time. If you are not satisfied with the Answer, please feel free not to Accept, and post a follow up question so I may be able to clarify my Answer. My goal is to provide an outstanding Answer, so give me a chance.

Regards,

Michael