DCrane Law
DCrane Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney

My son has a criminal record for doing drugs. He has spent

Customer Question

My son has a criminal record for doing drugs. He has spent his time in prison, went through rehab, counseling, and is off probation. We are his parents. He is doing very well in his life now. He started college to major in sports medicine (physical therapist), but then he found out that his record will not allow him to do this. He really has a strong passion to major in this. He also recently got married to a wonderful lady who has a terrific 7 year old girl. How does he go about getting the this off his record so he can become a physical therapist?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  DCrane Law replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the post, was he convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, and was he convicted as a juvenile?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He was not convicted as a juvenile. He was convicted of a felony.
Unfortunately Texas does not offer the option of felony expungement, his only recourse would be to seek a Governor's Pardon.