Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

Is there a Neb. state statute with regards to transfering jail

Customer Question

Is there a Neb. state statute with regards XXXXX XXXXX jail time (10 days) to the place of residence (Gage county to Lancaster County)....(for a DUI)....and can the Judge say no...and not permit the transfer?...I wanted to do 10days house arrest in Lancaster for my 2nd offense DUI...but......and what is the number for this statute....??/
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
There is no state statute that mandates the transfer. This matter is entirely in the discretion of the court and also can be based upon the space in the jail and any other factors the court wishes to consider. The statutes do not mandate the court granting house arrest or making confinement in the person's home county, it is all up to the discretion of the court.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”