Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Extradition The person in question is a UK citizen. He

Customer Question

Extradition The person in question is a UK citizen. He has been indicted by a US court in his absence. He has had one extradition hearing which has been postponed. He is currently being held on remand in the UK pending the next hearing. He is also the subject of a new unrelated investigation by the UK authorities. Given that he is also being investigated for a separate UK offence, what is the likely outcome of the next extradition hearing? Will the extradition be postponed whilst the UK investigation is carried out. And are reporting restrictions usual in such a case (fraud)
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

My name is Eli and I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

May I ask the charge? State or federal?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It is federal charge.

Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
What's he wanted for?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Reporting restrictions are usual if the person is believed to be part of something larger, or they have yet caught the rest of the persons involved.

UK will likely try him first if he gets indicted in UK, and only then be allowed to go to US. UK is very jealous of extraditions and seldom plays ball if they can charge the person on the island beforehand.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work. Understand that when you put in your payment info, you still have not paid until you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I got 2 answers (both from Eli) to the same question. I accepted the first answer & emailed Justanswer to explain the error but as yet have had no reply.

please advise

Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

I'll close this question out since it was a mirror of the other one and will ask customer service not to charge you.