JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.

I have a question concerning criminal law in nc. I was recently

I have a question concerning criminal law in nc. I was recently charged with simple posession marijuana and was ordered to take a class. However due to the holidays and unemployment I was unable to afford the class. I have court in the am and no idea what to do
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

You will have to explain to the judge why you didn't attend the class and didn't follow the judge's order. If you have the money now, you can ask the judge if s/he will allow you to take the class now.

The botXXXXX XXXXXne is that judge's orders must be followed. If they are not followed, then you have to go back to court and risk possible punishment if the judge won't accept your excuse.

Good luck and best wishes. I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!