RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  licensed attorney in criminjal law for 30 years

I live in Idiana and my sister found a lot of whiskey in my

Customer Question

I live in Idiana and my sister found a lot of whiskey in my nephews gym bag. He said I bought it for him. Can I be charged with the crime for him saying that?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.Unless its true then no.If you did buy liquor for a minor here then you could be charged with criminal offense.Likely they track the sale back here if there is question about who bought it.That would reveal the purchaser as the bottles all have bar codes.

If you in fact purchased theis alcohol it iwould be in oyur interests to say nothing here and consider a lawyer if charged or questioned about the matter here.By lawyering up early here it allows you to decline to tlak to the police.

Edited by RayAnswers on 2/2/2010 at 1:04 PM EST