RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  licensed attorney in criminjal law for 30 years
8534270

hello my son have a pending felony robbery case how long do

Customer Question

hello my son have a pending felony robbery case how long do it take for the court system to drop these charges? he also have a legal aid lawyer who is not very helpful. by the way my son is innocent i know they have the wrong person. he is 22 yrs old and never had any criminal case or never got in trouble for anything. there is no witnesses, no evidence or anything to pin him to this crime he is innocent. it will be 2 years on 3/9/10 and his never court date is 3/8/10 what a coincodence. how long does it take to drop the charges against him?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.If his lawyer here will file here ot dismiss it is possible they will drop the charges.There may be issues here of failure to give him speedy trial.This may also help him to have charges dismissed.Have you looked at his criminal file here to see what his lawyer has filed in terms of motions or discovery.If he hasn't files have him write the lawyer and be specific in seeking to have him file such dismissal .Looking at the public file here on the matter is good place ot start and get current here on whats up.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i know the lawyer mention a 30 30 motion but my son dont know what the terms mean and his lawyer is not explaining the terms.
This is a motion arguing speedy trial here.It argue that it has been six months, but not calendar months. It is six months of time "chargeable" to the People, i.e., time that the prosecution is responsible for. If your attorney asks for a delay, that time is not counted
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you
Your welcome and the best..Ray