N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

Can you still be charged for intent for distribute marijuana

Can you still be charged for intent for distribute marijuana if the police raid your home while u not home dont find a scale or baggies and have no survellience?
It depends on several factors

What State was this in?

How much was found in the raid?

Did they have a search warrant?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

MARYLAND

5 IBS

THEY SAY THEY DID BUT I WASNT HOME AND IT WASNT LEFT AT HOME BUT I WAS ARRESTED AT MY BUSINESS BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY CLAIM THEY FOUND ALTHOUGH I DONT STAY AT HOME THEY RAIDED,I JUST OWN IT

Do you have tenants there?

Was anyone there during the raid?

Edited by N Cal Attorney on 2/2/2010 at 12:27 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I allow two family members to crash there,my nephew pays for a room for rent and recently my cousin got put out of my uncle home for yelling at his step mom but nothing official on paper,

Nobody was home when raided

So do you know if the police had a search warrant or not?

Usually when there is a search warrant they leave a copy of it at the location searched. Was there any paper there from the police?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
they say on affidavt of charges they had one warrant, but didnt leave copy at home
It sounds like you will need an attorney just to get a copy of the warrant.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=legal&Group_ID=4542
lists attorneys in Maryland who specialize in marijuana cases, I would start calling those lawyers until you find one you feel comfortable with.

They can charge possession with intent to sell based on the quantity but I think they will have a hard time proving who possessed it due to the fact that several people apparently had access to the property.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4542 has a summary of the Maryland marijuana laws.

Please do not let anyone involved speak with the police until after you consult a local attorney.

Edited by N Cal Attorney on 2/2/2010 at 1:00 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thats what I was thinking , okay I thank you, XXXXX XXXXX cheap bail 20,000 and i think the charges wont stick
At this point we don't know for sure if they even had a search warrant. If they did not, the case is going nowhere. But you need a local attorney to look into this.

Maryland now recognizes a medical defense, see
http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4542&wtm_view=medical

But if the police cannot prove who had possession, I do not think they can get a conviction on any of the people who had access to the property.
Thank you for accepting my answer.