How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27010
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In the state of Indiana ,if you were convicted of a felony

Customer Question

In the state of Indiana ,if you were convicted of a felony due to 2 dui charges within 5 years in 2000 can you now petition the court to lessen this to a misdemeanor charge? Or if possible,when?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



unfortunately, it cannot be reduced. the problem is the "enhanced penalty" was imposed based on the amount of time between convictions. these matters can not be reduced, because this is how the courts keep "tabs" on how many a person has for sentencing purposes as a habitual offender.


sorry. i wish it were better news for you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry, but i dont feel enough information was obtained to warrant payment
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



well, i see you posted your question again, and got the same true and correct answer that i provided. i am sorry the law is not in your favor. but that does not mean my answer is not correct.