Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
26798026

cAN YOU ANSWER THE QUESTION FREE FOR ME PLEASE I DONT HAVE

Customer Question

i was dating this girl and she said she was 18 and im 20 i meet her mom and they stayed with us and everything then her birthday came and i found out that she just turned 17 she preg she was happy now that her daughter mad at her now her mom mad at me so she said she would call the cops is there anything we could do to beat this
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
In Illinois, criminal sexual assault occurs if the victim is under 18 and the perpetrator is a member of her family, or if the victim is between the ages of 13-18 and the perpetrator is over 17 and in a position of trust or authority over the victim.

At common law, statutory rape occurred any time a person had sexual intercourse with a minor. However, in recent years, many states, including Illinois, have enacted "Romeo and Juliet" statutes to prevent prosecution of teenagers involved in consensual sexual conduct.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what about in atlanta ga
I'm sorry. I thought "Windy City" meant Chicago. In Georgia, it is illegal to have sexual intercourse with a person under the age of 16 (and not your spouse). George Code, Title 16, section 16-6-3. Since your girlfriend just turned 17, you would have to have been with her for more than a year. However, you cannot be convicted of statutory rape based solely on your girlfriend's testimony. Her mother would need additional evidence that the two of you had sex before her sixteenth birthday.