lwpat
lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney
15417118

I need a sample for a motion letter to reopen a a case for

Customer Question

I need a sample for a motion letter to reopen a a case for trafic violations. The violations was one for improper lane change and the second was for distracted. I p[aid the tickets already however the state of florida asseseed my tickets and give me points and ct there 0 points therefore i need apply to the court to hear my case
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Explain what you are trying to accomplish. You paid the tickets and admitted that you were guilty. Then the Connecticut assessed points for those tickets. That is the proper procedure so what is the situation?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
let me try to explain i need to reopen the case this way ct could re-evalute the ticket for dimisall. this way my insurance in florida does not go up I spoke already with clerk of court in ct and he advise that re-opening the case the prosecutor may give me a chance and may have some time to do this they agreed to review the motion via fax. But I need an example for a motion to reopne a traffic violation case
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Here are the Connecticut court forms but I don't see one for your situation

http://www.jud2.ct.gov/webforms/default.htm#CRIMINAL

Here I would just write the court a letter asking that the cases be reopened since you were advised that it would not appear on oyur record, would not be any points or whatever the reason was that you plead guilty instead of contesting the tickets. Then just fax it to them. I
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can someone write a motion letter to reopnm the case
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
We are not allowed to perform legal services, all we can do is to answer questions, sorry.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i just need a sample letter