Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I took a plea agreement in michigan for interfering with electronic

Customer Question

I took a plea agreement in michigan for interfering with electronic communications which was a felony. I agreed to plead guilty to attempeted interfering with electronic communications which is a misdomenor. This in the state of Michigan. I was senetenced to probation , i have been released from probation and was an avid hunter. I was wondering if it is illegal for me to poses fire arms or how would i go about finding out if i could?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
If you were not convicted of a felony, then you can posses a firearm. It does not matter what charge you were arrested on for the purposes of carrying a firearm, it matters what charges you were actually convicted on (or pled guilty to) so in this case you pled to a misdemeanor and that means you are not a convicted felon and can possess a firearm.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”