Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am being FALSELY accused of battery. The officer gave me

Customer Question

I am being FALSELY accused of battery. The officer gave me a citation stating 242pc, because my neighbor said that I "touched" her.
The officer said that this will go nowhere in court, but I am no longer the manager of my apartment
complex as a result of this tenant's complaint. I have been the manager of the apartment complex, in which I also reside, for 15 years.
What can be done about this?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  DCrane Law replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, do you wish to file a civil claim against the tenant for the false accusation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I would be interested in pursuing this further.
does that mean that you wish to file a civil claim against the tenant for the false accusation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

On the night in question, the tenant in the apartment below mine (I am the manager), was playing their music EXTREMELY loud. She usually plays it loud but I have not been

bothered by it because I usually go into my bedroom and watch tv. The music is in the living room and the apartment floor plans are exactly the same. I had asked my roommate to tell her to turn down her music because it was loud enough to be heard throughout the 10 unit complex. I also had stepped on the floor 3x to also give her a clue to turn it down.She came out screaming at my roommate who told her to turn it down and she said she didn't have to because she pays rent. I told her it was too loud and turn it down, she walked up to my face, I raised my arm and pointed to go back to her apartment and then she cried out that she was calling the police because I touched her. The police came out and she tried to make a citizen's arrest and claimed I hit her. The officer said that she smelled of alcohol (I don't drink at all) and that the citation will go nowhere. The citation code 242pc. I have court on 3/10/10. I have a witness (my roommate) that was there and was my witness to prove I didn't touch her at all. I also was asked by the owner of the complex to step-down as manager after being a manager for 15 years here. Because she falsely accused me of touching her.