xavierjd, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience in prosecution and defense work

if i have no priors and am a member of the district attorneys

Customer Question

if i have no priors and am a member of the district attorneys detectives, will a conviction under federal or pennslvania 18 Pa.Cons.Stat. section 7501(1), prohibit me from carrying a firearm-m as a private citizen, or a detective in pennslyania or under federal law
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  xavierjd replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for using

Are you a member of a law enforcement agency, or are you a member of the investigative arm of the DA's office?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes, i am, this is an f-2 law enforcement end of D.A.'s office, sorry..regardless would a conviction under this section 7594(1) of wirertap statute make me ineligible to carry a firearm either or as a member of the D.A detectives
Expert:  xavierjd replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the information.

If you are convicted of wiretapping, you may, as a condition of any probation/parole, be prohibited, among other things, from carrying a firearm.

Once your probation/parole is over, the disability should also end. I am going to direct you to the Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association website; specifically to the link regarding persons who are not to possess, purchase, etc. firearms. Even if your disability to carry continued after probation, you would, according to your post, be eligible to apply to remove the disability. Navigating the website links on the right hand of the page will provide a wealth of information to you.

I hope you find this information useful and that you PRESS THE GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get credit for answering the question. Thank you.

Also, you may always consult an attorney licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania who specializes in criminal law. Sometimes, an initial consultation is free.