lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney

i assaulted my spouse and i am charged with agg. assault, simple

i assaulted my spouse and i am charged with agg. assault, simple assault, reap and a violation of the pa. wiretapping statue.
Are these all felonies,will i lose my job as soon as im arrested?
And, it is correct that only a conviction on the aggravated, would preclde me from carrying a weapon???
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Any felony conviction prevents you from possessing a firearm and here you have some felony charges. If it is in magistrates court then it is a misdemeanor. If it is in general sessions court then it is a felony. Here you need to retain a very good criminal attorney since you are looking at some serious time in jail. My guess is that a good attorney will run you between 10,000 and 25,000. Check around to see who has a good reputation in your area. Here is the referral site