Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I accepted a position as a peronal assistant on line. the

I accepted a position as a peronal assistant on line. the gentleman that I ws dealing was having someone send me money orders to cash at my bank. When the bank tried to verify them, they were no good. He keeps asking me to send him the wire transfers I was to do to people oversees. I told him that the money orders were not good. I did cash two money orders for the amount totaling $1900.00. The bank told me that this might come back bad and they will take that amount out of my account. I have advised this man that I wanted him to send me a personal check if this happens. Of course, I have not have not heard from him. We were using e-mail to contact one another. He had given me a number to ca;ll the person who mailed me the money orders to verify that they were Okay. I have tried that number and the repsonse that I get is that the person is unavailable. What can I do about this situation?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
This sounds like a scheme and you should contact your state's attorney general's consumer fraud office and allow them to assist you.