N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983

can someone be prosecuted for theft and falsely lying to the

can someone be prosecuted for theft and falsely lying to the police eventhough he is already with immigration because he did not have to be here? story is this after he cause and accident he told police he was not the driver at that time police arrested him because he owed 3 tickets and quickly tranfer him to immigration but then police found that infact he was the driver and the vehicle was can he still be prosecuted or will that be a wast of time for them since he is already getting deported?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 6 years ago.
My answer is that he can still be prosecuted, even if there is an immigration hold and even if there are pending deportation proceedings.

Sorry, but that is my honest opinion.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how can he prove he did not steal the vehicle to the procecutors?? in what way can he prove it???
I don't have enough of the facts to know the answer to that, plus we are not allowed to give legal advice on this website.

If you tell me where the charges were filed I can refer you to a local criminal defense attorney there and may be able to find one who offers a free consultation.