Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

MY EX-GIRLFRIEND HAS STOLEN MY BRITISH PASSPORT AND WILL NOT

MY EX-GIRLFRIEND HAS STOLEN MY BRITISH PASSPORT AND WILL NOT GIVE IT BACK TO ME. I KNOW IT STATES ON MY PASSPORT IT IS ILLEGAL FOR ANYONE TO HOLD A FOREING NATIONALS PASSPORT EXCEPT FEDERAL OR STATE AGENCIES WHAT IS MY RECOURSE. THIS IS PART TWO OF MY QUESTION IN REGARDS XXXXX XXXXX STEALING MY HOME BELONGINGS. THANK YOU

Are you presently in the US?

If so, what US state did this occur in?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
YES I LIVE AND RESIDE PERMANENTLY IN THE US IN SLIDELL, LOUISIANA I AM EX MILITARY WITH SPECIAL OPS AND MY PASSPORT IS VERY VALUABLE TO ME
I am sure your passport is important to you, and though you can replace it through your consulate, that's really not the issue here.

You reported the theft to the police and, from what I see on your other thread, I am assuming that this item was taken along with other household goods that you referenced above.

I cannot say why the police didn't arrest your ex initially, but as they did not, you can go over the heads of the police and speak directly to a prosecutor and try to swear out a complaint there. As this invoves an ex, this would not only be a theft offense, it would be a domestic offense as well. You may wish to talk to an assistant DA in the domestic violence bureau rather than ust characterize it as a theft.

DAs have a different obligation to the citizens of their judicial district than do police officers and they are lawyers. They should take your complaint more seriously.

Good luck!
__________
If I've helped, please click the green Accept button so I can get credit for my work.

This thread will not close and you can always use it to get clarification.This is informational only and is NOT legal advice. There is no attorney-client relationship. You are advised to consult an attorney in your state for specific legal advice.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX luck here!