legal verdicts
legal verdicts, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  I have prosecuted and defended all types of cases from traffic tickets to murder.
20019733

If I am suspected of drug dealing and the police decide to

Customer Question

If I am suspected of drug dealing and the police decide to look into my phone, How long can the police hold on to my mobile phone without charging me? and if the police find texts regarding drug deals can those be used as evidence even if I am not the only one with access to the phone?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  legal verdicts replied 6 years ago.
As to question one, there is no set time.

As to question two, the act taht other people have access to the phone would go to how much weight to give the evidence not to whether it can come in against you. Obviously, you or your attorney would argue hard to the jury that equal access by others means they cannot prove you sent the messages.

Best to you!

If this was helpful please clip accept so that I can receive credit for helping.