JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

Me my wife and our kids my son 12 and my daughter 11 celebrated

Me my wife and our kids my son 12 and my daughter 11 celebrated new year eve at moheagan sun casino, around 12:45am we drove back home with no problems at the road, my wife was next to me on the passenger seat and my kids were in the back seat (2005 GMC yukon). 15 minutes after we got home exactly at 2:30am tow local police officers knoked on my door and asked me to see my yukon, I asked them why they said they need to see it first. So I walked them to the garage, and just watch them walking around my truck inspecting every single part of it, After good ten minutes they looked puzzeld, so I asked what is the problem, they said that there is a report of hit and run on the highway and there is two witnesses gave my plate number but they could not find any proof of accident damage on my truck. the state trooper arrived and after inspection found little old scratches on the top of my front bumper and my license plate frame broken and issued me a criminal app citation, what should I do???
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Can you please clarify what a "criminal app citation" is?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
a ticket that I have to submit to a clerck magistrate to appear at a district court
And what is the underlying offense that you are being charged with?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
leaving sene of IDO
Can you please clarify what IDO stands for?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i looked it up on the internet and it means leaving the sene of accident

And, just to be clear, what's your position about the ticket and the allegations?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I did not hit any body, I have my wife and my kids with me as witnesses to prove that. there is no dent or real deep scratches on my truck. beside my speed was at least 55mph all the way back so how could you hit any body at this speed with out incurring any real damages!!!

That's what I thought but sometimes I get in trouble when I assume so that's why I asked.

Go to court, plead not guilty, and demand a jury trial. Ultimately, the prosecutor has the burden of proof to prove that the event occured beyond a reasonable a doubt.

The prosecutor has the burden to prove that it occured. You do not have the burden to prove that it didn't happen.

You may want to have the assistance of an attorney during this process.

Good luck and best wishes for better days ahead. I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!