lrizos
lrizos,
12124641

I bought a brand new car.Whilst I was overseas my boyfriend

Customer Question

I bought a brand new car.Whilst I was overseas my boyfriend crashed it during an alcoholic seizure. We were both listed on the same car insurance policy
He received the check for the total amount as the car was a right off
As I was away and needed a car for work when I returned, I authorised him (through signing and faxing to him a Power of Attorney specifically for buying the replacement car.) He bought one two thousand cheaper than the original one.
He listed himself as the owner of the car and me only as the coowner. He says it's his car now
I have proof of me purchasing the first car that he crashed.$19000 was transferred to my bank account from Australia on the day of the purchase of the new car
The police station closest to where he smashed the car have a report and it indicates that I was the owner of the car and the title from the original car dealer states I was the owner of the first car.
I've since left that boyfriend. He's wanted for stalking me , burglarising my apartment
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I'm in Australia on vacation for a few more weeks but I'm a permanent resident of the United States (New Jersey)

My boyfriend and I lived in an apartment in New Jersey.The police there came to our apartment many times because of his abuse and there are many incident reports

He is also wanted on eight counts of contempt of court

He has left iphone voicemails which the police have taped (and the Prosecutor is in possession of) indicating he is willing to transfer the title back into my name. This was before he realised the prosecutor was after him. He also stole my jewellery and new Mac. He also indicated on iphone dated voicemail he would return that

Appreciate any help

His arraignment is coming up and his attorney indicated he will appear

Expert:  lrizos replied 7 years ago.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I need to attend to this problem soon

I don't want to lose my car

I would appreciate your prompt reply