Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

a friend of mine was charged indecency by exposure,agrevated

a friend of mine was charged indecency by exposure,agrevated sexual assult of a minor , and solicitation of a minor what is the normal amount of time he could recive in texas for each count
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
He is looking at up to 10 years per charge on these charges. The court does not take these crimes lightly, likely he would get 5-8 years per charge and there is a possibility, depending on the facts and circumstances that the court could run the sentences one behind the other meaning he could spend a long time in prison.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

there was no violance involved , is there some were that has a standard for sentancing he says he did not do it but then most people didnt do it all the evedance is given by a child that is now 5 yo and this is to have happened when the child was 1 yo there was no sex but the boy says he touched him

Texas really does not have guidelines like the federal govenment, but if the only evidence is the word of the 5 year old but no other evidence and no injury involevd, chances are that this is the type of case that probation could be granted in.