dkennedy
dkennedy, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  J.D. degree, 15 years practice
5930486

My Mother gave her debit card and pin number to my sister to

My Mother gave her debit card and pin number to my sister to use at the store.
My sister later took the card without permission and gave it to another relative. That relative has been caught on tape using the debit card with pin several times.
is each use a felony? Is my sister responsible of any wrong doing legally?

It is hard to imagine a valid reason why your sister gave that debit card to an unauthorized person. If she knew that person was going to steal money, she might be guilty of a theft, the same as the person who took the money without permission.

It would be similar to having the key to a department store because you work there, and giving that key to someone so they could go in a rob the store. You would undoubtedly be found guilty, also.

Of course, it is dependent on many different factors. What I am giving you is my "take" on this with the facts that I have.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am sure it was for criminal intent that the debit card and pin were passed on. Would each transaction be a felony?

Thank you very much for your prompt answers.

This is a great service.

Each incident could be a crime, or they could charge it as one. It would be up to the prosecutor. It is something that they could charge several offenses and then "bargain" it down in exchange for a guilty plea.