Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

i want to appeal to the denial of my application for expungement

Customer Question

i want to appeal to the denial of my application for expungement of my record. Is this possible.

Cleveland, Ohio
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 years ago.

In reviewing applications for expungement and pardons it is customary for states to reach out to the prosecutor and the complaining witness and factor their opinions into their determination.

Petitioners denied expungement area able to appeal. Here's a link to a case in which an Ohio appeal in this area was granted, which will give you some idea of how an appellate court weighs both sides to arrive at a decision.

If I've helped, please click the green Accept button so I can get credit for my work.

This thread will not close and you can always use it to get clarification.This is informational only and is NOT legal advice. There is no attorney-client relationship. You are advised to consult an attorney in your state for specific legal advice.