P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.

Do you have to report a Pre-trial Diversion to a prospective

Do you have to report a Pre-trial Diversion to a prospective employers if it is not on your record?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 years ago.
Can you tell me, did she have the record of arrest expupunged?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

She didn't herself, but at work I ran her criminal record for state of Texas and Rusk Co and her driving record nd nothing shows up on it.

Well, if she went through diversion she is eligible to have the records sealed. She shold do may be that even if you can not see it, its available elsewhere.

More info on the process here

As for the employer...if the employer asks a question and she answers untruthfully, that can be grounds for termination. If she has her records sealed, then she can state that there is not a record without worry of recourse.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (3) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.