P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.

I have a morality clause in my divorce stating I cannot entertain

I have a morality clause in my divorce stating I cannot entertain overnight guest of opposite sex while kids r in my custody..If I want to move in with my boyfriend would I be allowed?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 years ago.
If this clause is in your final divorce decree, you would not be able to "move in" with a person of the opposite sex while the kids are in your custody.

If you want to do this, you should head back to court for a modification of the custody order.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (3) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do I have to hire an attorney to do that? And also how difficult would it be to be granted a modification?
Yes, you need an attorney to make this modification. How difficult...if this relationship has moved to the stage of "move in" then I suspect you have a decent shot. Much better if your "engaged" and a non issue if your married.