J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive training and experience in criminal law matters, both prosecuting and defending.

I was recently stopped for a DUI and on the ticked that I received

Customer Question

I was recently stopped for a DUI and on the ticked that I received by the police officer it does not specify a time and date of when I must appear in court. Do I receive a letter in the mail telling me when I must appear?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 6 years ago.

You will probably receive a notice in the mail. However, you should be proactive (and you'll know a lot sooner) and call the court listed on the ticket and ask them. If you provide them with your full name, they will be able to pull up your file and provide the information. Better safe than sorry.

Please let me know, if you have follow-up questions.

The information is provided for discussion and entertainment purposes only. I believe in helping people and answering their questions and providing information and solutions. To encourage and facilitate this practice, it is understood and agreed by the recipient that by opening, reading, accepting, and viewing this information, no attorney-client relationship has been discussed, agreed to or otherwise established. It is understood that by posting to this site, your information is made public and no attorney-client confidence is created or possible.

In legal matters, time is of the essence. As such, you should contact an experienced lawyer right away to protect your legal rights!

I appreciate your "Accepting" my answer if it has been helpful to you. Doing so allows me to continue helping in this manner. Thank you.