Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I have a restraining order on me. My wife wants a divorce and

Customer Question

I have a restraining order on me. My wife wants a divorce and this was away to get me out of the house. I tex her the word thanks not on purpose. I got two years probation and a P.O. I had to give my hunting guns to a friend whos a cop because I can't be in possession of them. My PO says I can't go hunting with my son and friends because there will be guns in there possession. whitch she says would be easy for to get a gun. My friend the cop says I can because I'm not holding them and makes me not in possesion of a firearm. Is this true
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
You are in possession of the firearm if you take a gun hunting with your son. If you go with another person and they take a gun, you should not be in violation of the order of probation.