Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  16 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

dui, Had a dui 25 years ago, will that be used against me if

dui, Had a dui 25 years ago, will that be used against me if i got a dui again. arizona
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 years ago.

No it will not. The statute of limitations on enhancement for DUIs in Arizona is sixty months. It will be charged as another first offense.

Potential penalties:

First-time DUI with a BAC of at least 0.08, but less than 0.150

CLASS OF CRIMEClass 1 Misdemeanor
MAXIMUM JAILSix (6) months
MINIMUM JAILOne (1) day [10 days, 9 suspended]
COUNSELINGA drug/alcohol screening will be performed. The results of the screening can affect the duration of counseling.
MINIMUM FINE$250 + surcharge
ADDITIONAL FINANCIAL PENALTY$500 to State Prison Fund
PROBATION5 years (maximum)

Thanks.

I hope you have a better understanding of your question as a result of my comments. I am sorry if the answer is not what you would prefer, but as you know, sometimes the correct answer is good news, other times bad. I hope you have a better understanding of your legal issue as a result of my comments. If the information given in fact answered your question please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. If you need additional clarification on this question, don't hesitate to click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details. If you would like to have me help with further questions, you can request me personally in your question caption.