Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  15 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

When I was 17 I got a DUI. I got a diversion. Later when

When I was 17 I got a DUI. I got a diversion. Later when I was 21 I got another DUI fought it and it was reduced to reckless driving. Is either one of these a felony?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 years ago.

A DUI in Kansas is only charged as a felony after the 3rd offense. So neither of the amended charged offenses would be a felony.

Thanks.

I hope you have a better understanding of your question as a result of my comments. I am sorry if the answer is not what you would prefer, but as you know, sometimes the correct answer is good news, other times bad. I hope you have a better understanding of your legal issue as a result of my comments. If the information given in fact answered your question please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. If you need additional clarification on this question, don't hesitate to click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details. If you would like to have me help with further questions, you can request me personally in your question caption.