Steinlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  I have represented individuals accused of crimes.

What is the best way to approach the court to dismiss a California

Customer Question

What is the best way to approach the court to dismiss a California PC20 charge.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
Could you be more specific in your question?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
While at DMV I provided them an insurance care for a policy that had expired. The card showed dates that were active at that time but when they checked with the insurance company they found out the policy had been cancelled. CHarged me with PC20 because I knew the policy was inactive but decided to submit the card anyway.
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question and I look forward to assisting you. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you have put all of the information in your question. Also, due to site reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. Also, there may be future facts that are as yet undetermined in your matter, that can and must leave some areas of information provided by me broad in nature. However, don't hesitate to ask for clarification if needed! At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break. That being said...

Your best bet is to convince the DA that you did not do this intentionally. You are going to have a difficult time with this. The DA will generally not dismiss cases involving fraud on the government. You may be better off trying to plea this out to a lesser offense. I would hire an attorney to plea it out for you and stop talking to them!

Good luck.

Legal Disclaimer. By requesting this information, you expressly agree to the following: The information given is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. The nominal price you may or may not pay for information does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship. The only method of gaining an attorney/client relationship with me is via a retainer and signed fee agreement, which is not offered via this site. I am providing only resources, opinion and information for you to be informed and educated about your particular rights and needs. My answer is limited to the facts presented with the understanding that you will do your proper due diligence and appropriate follow up with an attorney licensed in your state. I do not provide general or specific legal advice on this site. I also am licensed to practice only in California, which may not be the state where this information is being provided or state whose law would apply, if any. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What other things could it be pleaded down to?
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
You can plead it down to driving without insurance.