P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.

What is the punishment for falsifying court documents and forging

What is the punishment for falsifying court documents and forging a judge's signature in the state of Indiana?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 years ago.
Depends on the circumstances...was this done for financial gain? If not for what purpose?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no financial gain I believe it was a summons for a court date and then one for contempt of court for failure to appear
then why was it done...what was the motive for the forgery?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
To be honest I'm not exactly sure the papers were sent by regular mail to my sister's fiance from his ex-wife....she is known for doing things just to cause problems and stir trouble.....recently she and a friend have made physical threats to my sister and I believe it may have been a ploy to get her to Indiana, however, I can't be sure of that. The papers were recieved early last week stating the court date is tomorrow my sister's finace called in to ask some questions and he was told he wasn't on the docket anywhere and there were no papers filed
Got it. IF this was not for financial gain, the punisument is less severe. This appears to be

IC 35-43-5-2.5
False government issued identification
Sec. 2.5. A person who knowingly or intentionally possesses, produces, or distributes a document not issued by a government entity that purports to be a government issued identification commits

a Class A misdemeanor.

Maximum punishment 1 year in jail.

You may want to report this to local law enforcement who can investigate.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (3) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.